Shaping the future of travel is important to us at Amadeus. Today, with technology getting smarter by the minute, that future is more exciting than ever.
Our business success relies on our people being always passionate about what we do. We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first.
An IT Account Manager (ITAM) have a joint responsible together with the CAM for the travel agency customers from an IT solution, product and service aspect.
The team’s mission is to ensure the retention and growth of the IT revenue with his/her customers and contribute to the overall satisfaction of the customers, but also be a link between the customer and Amadeus regarding product requirements.
The ITAM is accountable for:
Managing the relationship with the travel agency customers from an IT, product and service standpoint, and secure that the travel agency uses the Amadeus products in an optimal way
Mapping out the customer IT and operational landscape, its strategy and pain points in these areas in order to create a customized account strategy from a technology and service aspects
Identifying, managing and growing IT business opportunities though market and business environment analysis. Knowledge of customer’s strategy/plans as well as knowledge of Amadeus innovations & solutions
Collecting and feeding in customer and market requirements to the relevant stakeholders.
The ITAM’s work in close collaboration with the Commercial Account Manager to drive customer revenues, adoption and satisfaction but also with other departments in Amadeus to gather and feed in customer and marketing requirements for future development. Writing, presenting and defending IT commercial proposals with the customer is also component of this position.
- Strong account management experience to be able to interface at all levels within customer organization (from C level down).
- Establish a detailed understanding of the account processes & IT landscape and support in creating and execute the Account development plan.
- Proactive management of customer expectations to ensure its satisfaction and reinforce the relationship with Amadeus.
- Assist CAM on commercial activity & coordinate with the virtual account team in charge of the customer across the Amadeus organization.
- Identify and lead IT and product upsell opportunities together with CAM and other experts in Amadeus.
- Key role in need identification, proposal writing, implementation and adoption phases.
- Provide feedback and recommendations for the future evolution of the product & service portfolio
- Escalation Management: Oversee & ensure timely resolution of critical solution & services issues.
- Strong knowledge of the travel industry & related commercials. Experience in the travel agency segment will be valued
- Strong functional and technical skills on Amadeus GDS and IT solutions
- Experience in similar functions: account management, technical sales or IT consulting
- Experience of Webservices / APIs or basic programing is a plus
- Experience from technology within transaction-based business model / financial services / SaaS / PaaS is a plus
- University degree - IT Engineer degree or Business degree with IT component
- Fluent English (spoken and written) is mandatory. Additional language is a plus
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of the Travel Industry IT systems and processes
- Advanced PC Skills
- Interest for trends in IT as well as in travel tech
- Leadership & Business oriented
- Customer focus
- Solution orientated
- Autonomy, proactivity and resilience
- Relationship and Team building
- Communication and presentation skills, ability to summarize and raise potential impacts/benefits to Amadeus Senior Management
- Ability to influence and mobilize others
Willingness to travel
The Amadeus Commercial Cluster team in SCA CESE leads the commercial activity and relationship with our travel agency customers in the region.
This can include local & regional accounts, as well as multinational accounts operating across the globe, which are strategic to Amadeus.
The commercial cluster team is responsible for driving customer’s growth and sustain their business while maximizing our revenues & profitability in terms of Distribution & IT Revenues in line with the Amadeus Strategy.
The ITAM will work in close collaboration with the Commercial Account Manager to drive revenues and bookings but also with other departments in Amadeus (Product Customer Solutions, RnD etc) to feed in customer & marketing requirements for future product development.