Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with its easy route planner. Driven by a love for nature and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot helps you explore more of the great outdoors—wherever and however you want. And we're good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 35 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our 100% remote team and start your adventure with komoot.
About the role
We are looking for our very first Partnerships & Sales Manager for the Nordic countries (mainly Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, and the UK). So if you are excited to shape and build opportunities in one of our fastest growing markets, this is your call! Komoot’s Partnerships & Sales Managers are always on the hunt to identify potential partners and are embedded in an agile team consisting of communication, content, and partnerships experts. In this role, you will be responsible for creating successful Nordic partnerships on komoot and showcasing their potential to grow.
You’ll join a dynamic and international team of Partnerships & Sales Managers like Diane, Fiorenza, Oliver, Max, Denis, and Timmy – a team always on the lookout for unique ways to reach their goals. You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes, and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
Sales / Account Management / Market Growth / Development
- Consult our partners about content which is inspiring for our outdoor community, using an empathic and data driven approach
- Sell targeted Sponsored Collections — komoot’s native ads — to tourism destinations, transport companies, and other players in the outdoor and tourism industry
- Research and build up a network of tourism players with focus on destination marketing organizations
- Look after our partners from the tourism sector in the Nordics, both in digitally-supported day-to-day business and on-site, in relevant locations throughout the region and at industry events
- Manage a portfolio of hundreds of B2B partners and support them with visitor guidance, community engagement, campaign planning and execution
- Drive lead generation and acquisition with full control over your sales activities to ensure we reach our common sales and revenue goals
- Drive performance-optimization efforts and ensure our B2B partners are getting the best value possible
- Monitor the competitor market, while keeping an eye on relevant online marketing KPIs
- Work closely with the Editorial Team to deliver tailor-made and high-quality content to your partners
Voice & face of komoot
- You will identify and participate in relevant events
- You will identify and speak at relevant conferences
- You will be the go-to person to talk to when it comes to B2B Partners
Why you will love it
- Your work will contribute to helping millions of people enjoy lovely outdoor experiences.
- We’ve been a remote-working company since 2017, meaning: We are remote by default, have frameworks and systems in place, and know how to do it well.
- You can work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- We have your costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work-from-home office setup and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
- You’ll become an essential part of our diverse and international team with colleagues based in 20+ countries across Europe.
- 38 paid days off (inclusive public holidays) – you are free to take those days whenever it suits you, including a well-deserved winter holiday break.
- We love seeing people grow. That's why each team member gets €2,000 and 3 additional days to spend on professional development each year. Classes, conferences, books – your choice!
You’ll be successful in this role if you
- You have 5+ years of sales & partnership experience.
- You are well connected in the tourism sector and have a strong network of contacts (e.g. from your current role, agency, etc.).
- You love the challenge of cold calling and the thrill of working in sales.
- You have experience in building up long-term and trusting relationships.
- You like working in a team – lone wolves won’t enjoy this environment.
- You show outstanding empathy for our partners and all relevant stakeholders, and understand their needs.
- You have the flexibility and skills to handle everything from small to very complex deals and account management, as well as optimize our partners' success on komoot.
- You are familiar with selling complex products with a long-term lifespan.
- You are a structured thinker with a strong intuition when it comes to priorities and trade-offs.
- You speak English and at least one Nordic language on a native/business fluent level.
Words like CTR, CPC, bounce, or interaction rates mean something to you.
- You have a self-starter attitude and feel comfortable working collaboratively with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a passion for the outdoors.
- You are willing to travel and have experience in face-to-face meetings and attending events.
- Bonus points: You have digital tech sales experience.
Not sure if you meet all requirements above? Don't sweat it – if you think you're the right person anyway, we'd love to hear from you!
Curious about how we work?
- Core Communication time between 10 am - 3 pm (Berlin Time). We know people have different lifestyles, which is why we have flexible working hours with core time for synchronous interaction. You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs.
- We work on a project basis in cross functional teams to ensure that we collaborate on our goals, move forward smoothly with open lines of communication, and achieve results as a team.
- Every Monday morning, we have a whole-company presentation where you hear about projects across the business, inspire each other, and share great work.
- We connect in person at three whole-company gatherings each year in beautiful locations. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote.
- We use tools like Trello, Slack, Miro, Zoom, and Google Workspace on a daily basis to stay connected, collaborate easily, and manage projects.
We support diversity and inclusivity and welcome all prospective applicants. We have an ongoing recruitment process (no deadlines) – if this role is online, it means it’s still open!
Det låter enkelt, men det är inte för alla. Smile with your eyes handlar om att se varje människa och ge den en god upplevelse. Det kan vara allt från att landa ett flygplan mjukt till att berätta var toaletten är på ett hotell till att vara guide för grupp på safari i Afrika.
Travel News karriärportals mål är att samla alla relevanta jobb för dig som arbetar i reseindustrin. Vi är ännu bara i början, men vår grund är att vi sitter ihop med affärstidningen Travel News.
Är du med i vår databas får du före alla andra tips om lediga tjänster som är relevanta för din kompetens och dina önskemål.
Många som i dag är högst upp i pyramiden har börjat som reseledare eller runner på en restaurang. Med rätt inställning och driv kan du kan du börja som assistent i receptionen och sluta som VD. Och vill du bara ett jobb kommer det alltid finnas flera till dig i reseindustrin.
Det är därför vi tycker att du ska arbeta i reseindustrin. Börja med att connecta ovan på vår sajt. Då får du tips om alla jobb som passar din profil och dina drömmar.
Om Travel News
Travel News startade 1985 och är Sveriges ledande affärsforum inom rese- och turistindustrin samt svensk turism och besöksnäring.
Travel News karriärportal är inkörsporten för dig som vill börja jobba i världens roligaste bransch. Eller för dig som redan är etablerad och vill komma vidare i karriären.
Vi bevakar mötesindustrin och affärsresandet, resebyråerna, researrangörerna, flygbolagen, flygplatserna, hotellen, färjerederierna, tågföretagen, bussbolagen, biluthyrarna konferensanläggningar och restauranger. Travel News bevakar även IT-utvecklingen inom branschen, liksom det politiska och juridiska beslutsfattandet. Travel News speglar företagens management och ekonomiska utveckling samt följer betalningsströmmarna inom branschen.